The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has found that resistant organisms are rapidly outpacing the development of new antibiotic medications. This is of particular concern for LTC facilities, as the CDC indicates that up to 70% of LTC facility residents are treated with antibiotic medications each year.
In 2016, the Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) published final regulations requiring each skilled nursing facility to develop and maintain an infection prevention and control program starting later in 2017.
PharMerica’s model antibiotic stewardship program addresses the core CDC program requirements including facility leadership support, accountability, antibiotic use policies, tracking tools and even infection management guidelines.
• A customized facility program binder
• Antibiotic prescribing protocols and timeout policies
• Infection management guidelines for the 15 most common treatment protocols
• Patient assessments forms
• CDC Core Checklist to prepare for survey visits
• Tracking & communication templates
This model program is available to customers of PharMerica and non-customers. Click download PDF to request more information.
Click below to view our Special Edition InformRx Newsletter.