PharMerica is your Antibiotic Stewardship Program (ASP) expert. As your post-acute and long-term care pharmacy provider, we recognize the importance of controlling antibiotic overuse and antibiotic resistance. With more than 30 years of experience providing comprehensive pharmacy services to long-term care (LTC) facilities, senior living communities (SLC) and skilled nursing facilities (SNF), PharMerica is uniquely qualified to help you create a comprehensive program tailored to the needs of your patients, residents, staff and facility. Successful implementation of PharMerica’s ASP can help raise the quality of care while lowering your facility’s pharmacy costs.
PharMerica’s model antibiotic stewardship program addresses the core CDC program requirements including facility leadership support, accountability, antibiotic use policies, tracking tools and even infection management guidelines.
• A customized facility program binder
• Antibiotic prescribing protocols and timeout policies
• Infection management guidelines for the 15 most common treatment protocols
• Patient assessments forms
• CDC Core Checklist to prepare for survey visits
• Tracking & communication templates
This model program is available to customers of PharMerica and non-customers. Click download PDF to request more information.
Click below to view our Special Edition InformRx Newsletter.